Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop doesn't scroll properly in OneNote.  There are three scroll bars on screen in OneNote. Notebooks, text, and pages. The only thing that scrolls is the text, no matter where I scroll on the screen (Notebooks and pages).  However, this behavior only happens with the synaptics laptop touchpad. I have two Microsoft mice and they scroll properly.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Praesagus,

Please share the product number of your laptop to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

Open one note Uncheck checkbox in Options -> Advanced -> Automatically switch between inking, selecting, typing and panning.
Restart OneNote.
Check the same checkbox again (Options -> Advanced -> Automatically switch between inking, selecting, typing and panning).
Restart OneNote.

In the Windows search box, type TouchPad.
From the results list click TouchPad settings.
Click Additional settings.
Click the TouchPad Settings or the ClickPad Settings tab. If you have a Synaptics device, the tab includes the Synaptics icon.
You can adjust the TouchPad settings for scrolling.
Put a check mark in the check box next to scrolling to enable scrolling.
Also, put a check mark next to two finger scrolling to enable two finger scrolling.

Also, Try uninstalling the touchpad drivers from the device manager and install the latest touchpad drivers and BIOS using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

If the issue still persists refer this article to know more information about using touchpad or clickpad. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the detailed response.  I tried all of the above, including diver and bios. Nothing changed. 😞  Do you have any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@Praesagus,

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

Let's try to uninstall the drivers and install it from the manufacturer's site.

1. Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it. 

2. In the device manager, expand category "Mice and other pointing devices". 

3. Under this category, right click on your Synaptics Touchpad driver and click on Uninstall. 

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button.

Then, click on this link: https://www.synaptics.com/resources to download the drivers

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. It doesn't look there are downloads available at that link anymore. I did reinstall the oem recommended drivers, but that didn't make a difference. Anything else I can try?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@danieltweddell

It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists. 

I would suggest performing system factory reset will fix the issue and also this will isolate whether its software or hardware related issue.

Click here to  Perform a System Recovery.

Note: Before you start the system recovery, ​​​​​​back up all personal files and read all caution statements 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. Resstablishing all my applications, settings, and preferrences after a system recovery is a substantial undertaking. it wouldn't be the first time going through that process only to find it didn't help. Do you have any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@danieltweddell
As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists after the system factory reset, this sounds like hardware related issue. Hence, I would recommend shipping the unit for physical diagnosis will fix the issue permanently. 
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the warranty and available service options.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. That won't be necessary.  This issue is solely in OneNote, so a system reset and hardware troubleshooting would be overkill I think. I'll continue the conversation with microsoft. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@danieltweddell,

Thanks for the update. As it is an application specific (MS Office) issue, there is nothing much we can do in this situation.

So contacting Microsoft would be a better option.

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.