Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having problems with my touch pad, and I think it's a software issue.  I was working on a document happily, then closed the laptop lid when I went off to do something, when I came back, there was no cursor showing.

I tried restarting the laptop but it's restarted without a cursor too - plugged in a mouse and the cursor shows up, and works fine, but with the touchpad it just vanishes.

In Device Manager, there's no touchpad listed under Human Interface Devices (it used to have a Symantec Touchpad listed), this is all I have now:

capture.JPG

I've tried doing a Windows update but nothing doing. Right clicking on Human Interface Devices to scan for hardware changes doesn't come up with anything either.

Any advice on how I can get the Symantec touchpad enabled and working again?

Many thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just updating to say a BIOS update via HP Support ASsistant has fixed it.

No idea what caused it, no idea why it's working now... but there you go! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.