Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchpad twoi finger scrolling keeps reverting to reversed direction on startup. If I go into the settings to check it, reverse scrolling isn't selected but by simply opening this window the scrolling direction returns to normal. Once the laptop is restarted this all begins again. Can anyone suggest anything?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@alanj3 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing an issue with two-finger scrolling.

First, download the Synaptics software installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72344.exe

Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs, and Features right-click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows have fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right-click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

Open windows Control Panel and in the top right, next to View by select 'Large Icons'.  From the new layout, select the Synaptics entry and check that the scrolling options are checked and Save any change - see the image below.

Synaptics Config.PNG

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately the first link ( Synaptics software installer) doesn't work.

HP Recommended

@alanj3

Thank you for the update.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

You have to enter the correct model number to download the drivers.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.