Sonestar52
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Trying type in name for brand new pc

HP Recommended
Example: HP Laptop 17-by3613dx

I couldn't enter a security key # to get new laptop to connect to my internet. Where is this security code? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,331 122,508 20,139 30,888
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The security key you use to connect the wifi adapter to your network is in your Router's configuration menu.

You would have to either know the key or have whoever set up your wireless router provide the key to you.

If you didn't set it up, and your internet service provider set up your network, the security key is usually on a label on the cable modem or router.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The security key you use to connect the wifi adapter to your network is in your Router's configuration menu.

You would have to either know the key or have whoever set up your wireless router provide the key to you.

If you didn't set it up, and your internet service provider set up your network, the security key is usually on a label on the cable modem or router.

View solution in original post

Sonestar52
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. I was able to use the password and it connected. Thank you for such a quick response. 

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation