Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
12-20-2021 08:41 AM
Product: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2xxx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11
I've one USB port with HP Sleep and Charge facility on the left side of the mentioned laptop, and it supplies power even when the laptop is SHUTTED DOWN.
The Scenario of my Problems:
1) If I leave a rgb mouse connected to that port, the mouse continues to be lit up, since the port has power running.
2) But, I also have tried to leave a rgb keyboard connected while the pc is shutted down, but its backlit wouldn't be staying lit up. But, I guess there's still some power running through the keyboard since the usb port has power.
Now my questions are:
1) Can I turn off the sleep and charge facility for this usb port so I can use it only for data transfer, as for now, and left my mouse connected and it won't glow? If yes, then how?
2) As I mentioned above in 'Scenario 2' - That my keyboard may have some power running through it, so, will it damage my keyboard?
Any help from here, would be really great and ask me for details if needed. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
12-30-2021 01:59 PM - edited 12-30-2021 02:00 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- Press the power button and then tap the F2 key.
- Choose F10 key to enter the BIOS.
- Use the System Configuration tab. Disable USB Charging and press the F10 key to save the changes and boot into Windows.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community