Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Can someone please help? I recently restored my software, did the upgrade to win 7, and everything is fine...except...my keyboard. When typing, the cursor jumps all over the place. I have to watch carefully, and put it back, otherwise my typing looks like below..

Does anyone have idea to fix? I'm using x16-1370US laptop.

Thanks so very much. Typing is a real chore until this gets fixed. 😞

Odd, isn't it. It often jumps into tst happened hereke jus line, lihe middle of a word in a previou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again,

Please uninstall your current driver for Synaptics touchpad and restart system

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install this one.

Restart system and check the results.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please find the web link given below might help you to fix the issue.

Using and Configuring the Touch Pad

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Thanks, I checked out the link, but the issue isn't the touch pad, it's the keyboard. The trouble is when I type.

Example....I'll be typing along and instead of continuous typing on one line, some of the letters are in a different place. It "ju

mps", sometimes back to another line in the middle of a word.

HP Recommended

Hi

Just go to device manager and uninstall the Keyboard drivers and restart your unit the driver will automatically install back on the unit check if this fixes your issue.

Please visit HP website and update the Bios on the unit.

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Thanks, I will try  that. Have already updated the bios....last time I checked, about a month ago, was told they were current, so  lunless there are very new ones I should be okay on that.

Will let you know if the uninstall works....and thanks again.

HP Recommended

Just finished the reboot....it seems to be much, much better.

Thanks so very much, I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Enjo

Oh nuts....was just thinking it was fixed, when it jumped on the above line when typing enjoy.

Guess I'll hold off before declaring it cured, but at least it's much better, as before it was jumping off almost every other word.

When I uninstalled the keyboard, I did not delete the driver. If it's still an issue after a bit, I'll try it again and delete the driver.

Again, thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download and install HP Quick Launch Buttons from here.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I really appreciate all of the helpful suggestions. I have tried them all, but this problem is still not fixed. What is strange to me is that I didn't have the issue before I restored my software and did the win 7 upgrade.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd surely appreciate them. for now I'm turning off my touchpad which is an idea I read on a post from another person with this issue on a different pc. Turning off the touchpad seems to work, at least so far.....but sure seems like you shouldn't have to do that, especially on a high end laptop like this one.

When I read that so many others have a similar issue, makes me rethink my HP choice, perhaps a different brand might be better?

Well, I'll keep trying to fix this.....so if anyone gets another idea, please feel free to send it along!!

Have a great weekend,

Brenda

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Please uninstall your current driver for Synaptics touchpad and restart system

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install this one.

HP Recommended

Hooray, it worked. Thanks so very much.

I've just marked it as the solution!!!

Thanks again and have a great day.

Brenda

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.