Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0052nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I began experiencing a battery issue where it briefly charges but then stops charging after a few minutes. It charges randomly to any %. If i keep unplugging and plugging in the charger, I am able to make it charge. Any ideas what's wrong?

I've run system diagnostics and they passed and uninstalled the battery driver as well but it hasnt worked. However when I try to run UEFI diagnostics at startup by pressing F2, I am taken to a black background with the words system diagnostics and battery test isn't one of the options there. It has memory,hardware and another option that's all. I have the latest version on UEFI diagnostics which I downloaded from the HP website and installed it. How do i access the hp diagnostics with the battery option at startup?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem but I found if I went into each option I found what I was looking for.  You can always exit an option if it doesn't offer what you need.  The options are different from what HP says you need to use which is confusing and frustrating but by working through them you will be able to find what you need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.