Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G8 Notebook PC (1T4K8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

hello, I would like to know if the hp250 G8 i7 processor with windows 11, the USB C port, supports video output or if a USB C hub can be used on this pc. thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Federpic 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06951526#AbT8

It has  (1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C 5 Gbps signaling rate (data transfer only) port therefore it has no video out. You can use USB-C hubs but they are not fully compatible.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Federpic 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06951526#AbT8

It has  (1) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C 5 Gbps signaling rate (data transfer only) port therefore it has no video out. You can use USB-C hubs but they are not fully compatible.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you very much for your answer, so should I buy a compatible usb-c hub for the usb-type A ports of my HP 250 G8?

HP Recommended

@Federpic 

Depending on your requirements. If you wish to connect 2 external monitors (only), you can use

• Monitor 1: HDMI direct cable,
  • Monitor 2: Using a Displaylink Certified USB-A to HDMI adapter such as

USB to HDMI Adapter

For more connectivity, please use

True Universal Docking Stations

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I need the usb-c hub to connect an external microphone, is that possible? Or else leave a USB port on the PC free, and connect the microphone there and the USB hub, the other potential devices that I need, what do you recommend?

HP Recommended

@Federpic 

Is is a USB-C microphone ? Have you tried it on existing USB-C port on your machine ?

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

No, it's a USB Type A microphone, but I have 3 ports on the PC, in the two USB Type A ports, I connect a light in one (I work at night), the other the wireless mouse controller and the USB port remains free. c but you just told me that it is not used to connect a hub (because the hub requires that this port support video output) so I should buy a usb hub with a type A usb connection, so, in a type A usb port I connect the hub usb, and in the usb hub, I connect the microphone, could it be like this?

HP Recommended

@Federpic 

They are selling 3 ports, 4, 5, 6 or 7 port hubs around, I'm using the following adapter and I've got 2 more USB 3.0 ports

https://www.amazon.com.au/Anker-Aluminum-Portable-Gigabit-Ethernet/dp/B00PC07T02

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the reply. 

HP Recommended

So you say that this Anker adapter works well on the HP 250 G8?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.