Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 350 G1/F7Y90EA
Windows 8.1

Please help to install driver!

My Notebook Pro 350 don't see USB Flash 3.0. It in beggining find it, but then don't run automatically and lost it. 

Show problem in USB Mass storage device driver. 

I tried to update it, but Win can't find this driver... 

External HDD 3.0 works. USB 2.0 works in all usb ports. But USB flash 3.0 - not (it is fully new). 

I tried to find driver on support page, but I couldn't find it. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lyuba wrote:

My Notebook Pro 350 don't see USB Flash 3.0. It in beggining find it, but then don't run automatically and lost it. 

External HDD 3.0 works. USB 2.0 works in all usb ports. But USB flash 3.0 - not (it is fully new). 

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure the USB Flash isn't bad? Also have you tried it on other USB3 computer ports to see if those can see the drive? It sounds like your USB Flash isn't USB3 if it can read the HDD USB3 but not the Flash USB3 in question. Also you sure your laptop ports are USB3 ports? Otherwise we need this: to verify if the ports are USB3...

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

HI

the usb drivers are generic drivers

Please go to the device manager on your PC and uninstall all USB MASS STORAGE DRIVERS

>> restart your laptop PC from the OS

>> the drivers should reinstall by itself

>> if this does not solve your problem please perform a BIOS update from hp.com

( http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html )

>> if the issue still persists perform a system restore from your PC settings.

IF THIS SOLVES YOUR PROBLEM PLEASE HIT LIKE TO ACCEPT SOLUTION BELOW

I AM AN HP EMPLOYEE

HP Recommended

@Lyuba wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure the USB Flash isn't bad? Also have you tried it on other USB3 computer ports to see if those can see the drive? It sounds like your USB Flash isn't USB3 if it can read the HDD USB3 but not the Flash USB3 in question. Also you sure your laptop ports are USB3 ports? Otherwise we need this: to verify if the ports are USB3...

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

The USB Flash really is 3.0 and fully new (Silicon Power). I tried it in all ports of laptop - it works only in 2.0. 

Laptop see it, but can't run in 3.0 because of driver's messege.

I tried this USB flash on other computer with 3.0. And it works. in 3.0 and in 2.0 port too (shows, that this flash can work faster). 

With mass storage device driver's error was also PCI driver error. I reinstalled it from HP site. but problem is still here... 

HP Recommended

the usb drivers are generic drivers

Please go to the device manager on your PC and uninstall all USB MASS STORAGE DRIVERS

>> restart your laptop PC from the OS

>> the drivers should reinstall by itself

>> if this does not solve your problem please perform a BIOS update from hp.com

( http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html )

>> if the issue still persists perform a system restore from your PC settings.

I was did it three times... Also was reinstalled my OS, because thought, that here could be some problems. 

Thank you, I will try to update BIOS. Maybe it will helps... 

I am not professional user. Please, tell, what I should know about BIOS update? 

HP Recommended

Lyuba,

When you uninstalled all USB mass storage drivers, did you also uninstall the "Hidden" drivers?

Leave the bad usb flash drive and any other devices disconnected except the mouse and keyboard.

Go to the Device Manager and go to View and choose Show hidden devices.

Right click on and uninstall all the greyed out USB drivers under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

TIP:   If you do not see the hidden drivers...
Right click Computer and click on Properties. In the System window on the left side, click on Advanced System Properties.
Choose the Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables… button at the bottom.
Under System Variables, click on the New… button
Type this in the box that pops up.

Variable Name: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
Variable Value: 1

Click OK on all the open windows to close them out and choose "Show hidden devices" again in the View tab.

After all the drivers are removed, restart the computer and plug the USB drive back in to see if it works.

HP Recommended

Thank you all.

I reinstalled drivers one more - everything looks ok, but USB flash any way don't work properly.

I checked once more in all ports on both computers, repaired flash to defalts. So, it looks, that really there is some problem with usb flash - I don't know why and how, but it looks, that it lost some internal drivers of 3.0... or smth like that.

So, sorry for disturbing and thank you very much for help. I will buy the new flash - this operates very strange... 😞

HP Recommended

not working my pan drive in my computer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.