Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a Probook which is a few years old.  It has Windows 7 Pro installed, and I want to upgrade to Windows 10.  Every attempt I have made fails and windows comes back with an error message saying that this PC cannot be upgraded at present and to try again later.  A bit of research shows that it could be down to a number of reasons, so I installed all the updates for windows 7 and used HP Assistance  Support to update the latest drivers etc. 

Looking through the device list, there is an an unknown PCI device that does not have a driver. Looking through the properties it says it ACPI/HPQ0006.

Can anyone help me with this?  I need to know where I can download the device driver

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The driver I posted won't work for that device.

You need this one...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard Software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77869.exe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Are you sure that is the correct ID,or the correct model number of the notebook?

HP hasn't used that device in over 9 years.  It is the old quick launch buttons device.

If you are sure, this is the W7 driver you need for that device...

This package contains the software that enables the HP Quick Launch Buttons, which are special function keys on HP Notebooks. This software works with supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49104.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Thanks for the quick response.  My Laptop is not with me at present, but when I have it, I'll post the actual make, model and serial no if that helps?

Bharat

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Bharat.

If that is the right ID, the driver I posted will work.

If it doesn't work, then you can post the other info, except the serial number.

Posting serial numbers is against the forum rules of participation.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi,,

I now have the correct spec... 

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

I am going to try and use the  driver provided and will let you know if this solves it

HP Recommended

Hi:

The driver I posted won't work for that device.

You need this one...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard Software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77869.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Thank you for help.  This worked a treat.

Now into the net stage..upgrade to Windows 10.. wish me luck!😢

Bharat

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.