Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unknown file found in C:\ Drive

HP Laptop 14-ck0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I opened up file explorer and I went to the C:\ Drive I found this folder P00ULZ-B2B. I never downloaded anything like it. I also ran an advanced scan on the folder and it said that there were no threats so I opened the folder and it said a lot of stuff about SW and update. I don't know if this file is harmful or not. I would just like some advice on what it is.

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
8681 8536 698 3122
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Kyle632 

Most likely it is harmless. It if was a virus/malware it would not place itself on such an obvious place to see it. Malware nowadays is tricky and is trying to hide as much as possible.

It is some randomname folder.

• If you right click the folder, can you choose Properties and tell me how big it is in size/capacity ?

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security

0 Kudos
G_Gupta Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screenshot (17).pngSizeScreenshot (19).pngLook at the pathScreenshot (20).png1st FolderScreenshot (21).png2nd Folder

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
8681 8536 698 3122
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @G_Gupta 

Welcome !

Not sure what your question or comment is but if you wonder about the files in the screenshots (pictures), they are harmless and part of the image of the PC

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation