Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-18-2023 07:43 AM - edited 03-18-2023 07:48 AM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I am having an issue with recurring unwanted pop up ads for McAfee and Microsoft products. These popups occur rather I am working in Microsoft office or browsing the internet on my personal laptop. I am given the option to close the ads when they pop up but there is no option for "DO NOT SHOW ME THIS AGAIN". I have even gone as far as removing McAfee from my laptop in hopes it would stop, but the ads continue. After closing an ad, it typically reappears another 10-15 minutes later. It's becoming a bit of an annoyance as they break my focus when trying to concentrate on my work and I want them to stop. Can you help me with this?
03-20-2023 06:06 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
If you are experiencing unwanted pop-up ads on your HP computer, here are a few steps you can take to resolve the issue.
- Use an ad-blocker: There are several ad-blocker extensions available for popular web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Installing one of these extensions can help prevent pop-up ads from appearing.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies: Sometimes, pop-up ads can be caused by corrupted browser data. Clearing your browser cache and cookies can help resolve this issue.
- Scan for malware: Malware or viruses on your computer can cause pop-up ads to appear. Use a reputable anti-malware program to scan your computer and remove any threats.
- Disable notifications: Some websites prompt users to allow notifications. If you accidentally allowed notifications from a website that displays pop-up ads, you can disable notifications in your browser settings.
- Update your browser: Outdated browsers can sometimes be vulnerable to adware and other unwanted programs. Make sure your browser is up-to-date to help prevent pop-up ads from appearing.
- By following these steps, you should be able to reduce or eliminate unwanted pop-up ads on your HP computer.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community