Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Notebook F1Y78EA#ABH
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Failure during the Windows 10 update 1903 due to old Intel RST drivers. The message below appears. How can I find the RST driver version en how can I update to 15.5.2.1054 or later version which is compatible with the 1903 Win10 update?

"Updating to Windows 10, version 1903 on devices with certain versions of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) drivers

Applies to: Windows 10, version 1903

Symptoms

If you are trying to update to the Windows 10 May 2019 Feature Update (Windows 10, version 1903), you may encounter an update compatibility hold and receive the message, "Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST): The inbox storage driver iastora.sys doesn’t work on these systems and causes stability problems on Windows. Check with your software/driver provider for an updated version that runs on this version of Windows.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) Compatibility Hold

Cause

Intel and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues with certain versions of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) drivers and the Windows 10 May 2019 Update.  If your device has an Intel® RST driver version between 15.1.0.1002 and 15.5.2.1053 installed, it cannot install the May 2019 Update.

Versions 15.5.2.1054 or later are compatible, and a device that has these drivers installed can install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update. For affected devices, the recommended version is 15.9.6.1044."

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any specs on that model.

What model processor does your notebook have?

HP Recommended

Intel (R) Core (TM)  i5-6200U CPU @2.30GHz  2.40 GHz

64-bits operating system, x64-processor

Is this information sufficient?  Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that info is all I need to help you with your situation.

Here is the link to the supported driver that is compatible with the v1903 update...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85491.exe

My understanding is that even if you update to a newer driver, you may still get that error.

So...if you install this driver and you still get the update block, you can get around that issue by:

Go to: C:\Windows\System32\drivers, find the iaStorA.sys driver and rename it to iaStorA_old.sys

Then you should be able to update to W10 v1903.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.