Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bw661ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

You need to update the BIOS via a USB flash drive. I downloaded the BIOS update to a USB flash drive, began to do everything in System Diagnostic, but at the stage of choosing the System Board ID gives only 08330 or 08332, but I have 08331 on my laptop. I tried later versions - everything is the same.

What to do?

Sorry for my English)

laptop 15-bw661ur

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Same problem here.

Version 08331 Motherboard, only 08330 or 08332 available, even though I used the exe that is meant for this product with the serial number.
HP is such a terrible brand.
Never EVER again will buy this crap

HP Recommended

@G-A-M_28052000:

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 4-IN-1 USB KEY tool, when installed, creates a list of system board ID's and corresponding BIOS .bin files. According to the list, shown below, your board's correct bios file is 08330.bin. Columns A and C in the list represent system board ID's and binary prefixes of .bin filles, respectively.

Screenshot 2022-06-22 162012.png

HP Recommended

Ok nice, thanks.
Still, the way to flash bios via USB is terrible..
To create a bootable usb, why not put the bin file on the USB Key ???

HP is just the worse brand I ever saw, and I know what i'm talking about, I repair computers !

I managed to flash bios via another way.
My HP couldn't update to Windows 21h2.

I couldn't reinstall windows with usb key or CD.

I had a screen with colors whenever I tried to (MBR or GPT).

Flashing Bios worked, which I did via a complicated way : I created a win7 drive that I installed (hopefully there was 1 USB 2.0, because the 3.0 drivers aren't included with W7).

I used the exe provided for this computer HP says it is compatible and prayed that it would automatically choose the right file to flash BIOS.

Did work and was able to update to 21h2.

But this was terribly random knowing I had the wrong motherboard number that didn't match the bios version.
Things could have gone very bad.

I NEVER recommend HP to my customers.

You open it the hinges break into pieces because they are glued on plastic, parts of the plastic breaks when you open... etc.
So many problems with HP motherboards, and now this !

5 hrs lost.
Good luck here

HP Recommended

Hello @g-a-m_28052000 

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.52 Rev.A14.0 MBJan 10, 2020Download

(2) Test again ...

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.