Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook HP - 15-ac085nl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all. I have a question: from HP Assistant I received indication about BIOS upgrading to a new version, F28. Present one is F22. When I try to update it, the procedure is closed correctly, without any alarm message, but after the required restart the BIOS is always displayed in release F22. I tried several times, always with the same result. I also tried to update it with earlier version, as well as F23 for instance, with the same result: it remains in F22. My laptop is a "Notebook HP - 15-ac085nl (ENERGY STAR)", featured by Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1809 and build 17763.253, serial number [edited] and product number N6A21EA#ABZ. Can anyone support me about the issue? Regards, Gilberto.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gilberto3

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

As per the HP Website, the latest BIOS version for your Notebook is the F.27 Rev.A

Try downloading the latest BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ac000-notebook-pc-series/7771404/model/863666...

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad. Thanks for your help. I downloaded the F.27 Rev.A BIOS from HP server as well as suggested, without any result. The situation is the same described in my original post. Thank you anyway for the support. The BIOS remained in F.22 as well as before. I tried in the past with F.23, F.27 and F.28 BIOS (last one shown by HP Support Assistant application, but on the HP server is not displayd yet). Nothing has changed. I do not know is it could depend on UEFI BIOS Modality. I attach here a "photo" of my System Information window. Anyway, thanks again. Regards.

System Information BIOS.JPG

HP Recommended

@Gilberto3

Thanks for keeping me posted

Try updating the BIOS, using an external flash drive

Please follow the instructions in step 2 & 3 from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 to create and use a BIOS Recovery Media

Download the latest BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ac000-notebook-pc-series/7771404/model/863666... onto the Flash drive

Let me know how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.