Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

System is slow to "start up". I am attempting to "optimize" my system utilizing the Tune-up tool. Currently tool has been stuck at 97% for more than an hour. How should I proceed? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Voyageur1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing slow performance issue.

I have a few steps to identify and resolve the issue: 

Common causes of slow system performance: 

• Not enough free disk space or disk errors. 

• Applications that require a lot of system resources. 

• Too many tasks running at the same time. 

• Nonessential graphic features. 

• Not enough memory. 

• Overheating due to intensive graphic applications or dust in vents. 

• Running multiple instances of anti-virus software. 

Microsoft Fix it Solution to automatically improve system performance 

To automatically improve system performance, click the Microsoft Fix it Solution: 

MS Fixit 974820 

Turning off nonessential graphical features to improve system performance 

Graphical features and programs can use a lot of system resources. 

Turning off these features can improve system performance. 

This section explains how to adjust visual effects for best performance and how to disable Windows Aero. 

Adjusting visual effects for best performance 

Disabling Windows Aero 

Note: The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks to all those who responded to my questions regarding "slow startup". Problem is solved. Cheers Voyageur1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.