Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Specter 13-1ZX32AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The brocure says that I can "flip through slides" with the pen, but I cannot get it to work nor can I find any documentation on how to do it. Any ideas?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/images/HP_Tilt_Pen_Datasheet_tcm245_2542868_tcm245_2544922_tcm245-2542868.p...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Forget the HP support advice above. Typical IT response, not reading the question and not having any experience of the equipment. The answer is simple and should have been known by HP support!

The pen can be in two modes: tablet mode (for drawing etc), and presentation mode (for pointing and switching slides). You switch between the two modes by holding the side (thumb) button down and clicking the top (eraser) button. 

When the pen is in presentation mode, click the eraser button to make the slides go forward, double click to make the slides go backward. Single click on the thumb button is a regular left click, double click on thumb button is a regular right click.

You can find more instructions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/spectrex360/comments/8h8r08/hp_tilt_pens_presentation_mode_explained_and_ho...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @InternetNinja,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and want to assist you. I understand you need assistance with Active pen on your HP notebook, Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service guide and found that your PC support Active Pen, For more details, please use this link.

Stylus (active pen, Sunwoda): In dark ash silver ƭnish 920241-001 In natural silver ƭnish 910942-001

Here's a the link: HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

I would suggest you to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

I would recommend you install the latest HP Pen control: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84007.exe

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, uninstall the keyboard drivers from device manager and restart the computer.

• Please right-click on start>select device manager>Expand Keyboards>Right-click on the listed drivers and uninstall them. Then restart the computer and check again if the issue is fixed.
  • If it continues, please replace the stylus battery and check again if it gets resolved.
  • If it persists, please try to perform the prescribed troubleshooting steps from this link: HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did everything you suggested, and the pen does not advance PowerPoint slides. This site is re-arranging my response, so these are out of order: 

• After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service guide and found that your PC support Active Pen, For more details, please use this link
    • Does not describe how to use Tilt Pen with PowerPoint
  • If the issue persists, uninstall the keyboard drivers from device manager and restart the computer.
    • Done. It did not change anything. 
  • I would recommend you install the latest HP Pen control: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84007.exe
    • It did not change anything. 
  • Stylus (active pen, Sunwoda): In dark ash silver ƭnish 920241-001 In natural silver ƭnish 910942-001
    • I think that is the pen that came with my computer.
  • I would suggest you to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.
    • There is nothing listed, despite selecting my computer. The site says "We were unable to retrieve the list of drivers for your product.  Please select the desired operating system and select “Update” to try again.
  • Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.
    • That is a default program. I installed all updates and drivers, but it changed nothing.
  • If it continues, please replace the stylus battery and check again if it gets resolved.
    • You cannot change the battery in the pen that came with my computer. I can only be charged via USB. From what I can tell, you can't even turn it off!
  • If it persists, please try to perform the prescribed troubleshooting steps from this link: HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working
    • That site did not have my issue. 

Any other suggestions? 

HP Recommended

Forget the HP support advice above. Typical IT response, not reading the question and not having any experience of the equipment. The answer is simple and should have been known by HP support!

The pen can be in two modes: tablet mode (for drawing etc), and presentation mode (for pointing and switching slides). You switch between the two modes by holding the side (thumb) button down and clicking the top (eraser) button. 

When the pen is in presentation mode, click the eraser button to make the slides go forward, double click to make the slides go backward. Single click on the thumb button is a regular left click, double click on thumb button is a regular right click.

You can find more instructions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/spectrex360/comments/8h8r08/hp_tilt_pens_presentation_mode_explained_and_ho...

HP Recommended

Wow..that was easy. You are a magician! Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi am trying to also use the HP tilt pen with Powerpoint as well.  But, how confirm whether pen is connected to the laptop.

HP Recommended

Awesome response and straight to the result ! Cant believe the Hp response. Thanks a million. I have a presentation next week and this will add value. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.