Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DM3T-1000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello 

I've just formatted my HP PAvilion DM3T-1000 series notebook again and installed Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. The problem is that system is unable to detect my graphics card  which was working fine before. Device manager is showing it as a standard VGA graphics card (it shows 2 actually - see pictures). 

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

I tryied to install those drivers available at the HP support page for my model but didn't work. Third party softwares didn't work either. The main issue with this is that I can not either sleep or hibernate my laptop.

Thanks in advance, 

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

My bad, I was on the dm3-1000 support page, which has the newer driver.

NVIDIA GeForce G105M Graphics Driver

Feb 26, 2010

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47111.exe

I guess you can use either one.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, Martin:

Two things...

1. What model processor does your notebook have?

2.  Please post the hardware ID's for both video controller devices.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Here is the info you asked me for.

Thanks a ton!

Martín

Video device 1Video device 1Video device 2Video device 2Processor infoProcessor info

HP Recommended

Hi, Martin:

Those drivers should have worked for you.

You need both the Intel and nVidia graphics drivers.

See if manually installing the drivers work...

If you did not delete the folders where the drivers were unpacked, go to the device manager.

Do the Intel one first...8086.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.   Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the Intel graphics driver file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp46586.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

Then repeat the same process for the 10DE graphics adapter but browse to sp47111.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Paul. Will try that in a few hours. I've been downloading drivers again and we are on the same page regarding intel drivers (sp46586). However, file's name for the Nvidia is not the same you told me. I can download the sp46581.exe file but not the sp47111. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Anotación 2019-09-25 140029.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

My bad, I was on the dm3-1000 support page, which has the newer driver.

NVIDIA GeForce G105M Graphics Driver

Feb 26, 2010

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47111.exe

I guess you can use either one.

HP Recommended

Hi again Paul. I finally followed your steps and..it worked! My old laptop is fully functional again.

I appreciate your help a lot, it would have been almost impossible without your help.

All the best!

Martín

HP Recommended

Anytime, Martin.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.