cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
davidc1857
Level 3
26 12 1 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Viewing battery discharge rate

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-by0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I think this is the right place. I hope.

HP Laptop 17-by0xxx

Windows 10 Home 1903

When I got this laptop, I installed 8GadgetPack and AddGadgets Battery Meter. I know this is not supported but the problem I have is not with it, I think. It also affects the battery icon in the task bar.

At first, I would only get the battery Current Charge and Maximum Charge and a calculated battery percentage remaining. Same battery percentage remaining in the battery icon.

At some point I either changed a setting or installed a driver (I can't remember which or what setting/driver) and started getting Discharge/Charge rate, so I would get calculated time remaining, both in the gadget and in the battery icon.

Then, my hard drive failed, I sent it in for warranty repair, and got it back with a new OS installation and started over.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what that setting/driver was. Does anyone know how the OS gets the discharge/charge rate from the hardware?

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,838 64,552 12,413 21,374
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@davidc1857 

You say you installed 8GadgetPack and AddGadgets Battery Meter. before ? Why not do this again ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
davidc1857
Author
Level 3
26 12 1 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did install 8GadgetPack and the gadget again. The problem does not appear to be in the gadgets, but in whatever drivers pull the Charge/Discharge rate from the hardware.

The default taskbar battery icon is not getting this information either, when it was before.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation