Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Dv6-3166sf

Dear fellow customers,

With W7 shortly to be dead, I had to install W10.

But then, after hours searching for ways to fiddle every freaking drivers to be installed correctly, always thankful to the help freely provided by benevolent free unpaid cheerful advisers (yeah, on a customer service called  "HP Community" ... you get it : help yourself, that's all you'll get).

To put it simple : your computer does not work without W7 (which is dead) !

Well, HP told you : no support for W10, this must have some meaning somewhere.

Your computer can take W10, but you just won't get what you paid for.

So I'm back to W7. And I've got the recovery CDs, thank me ...

And it takes hours to download W7, update it all the way from 2010 to 2019. Hours, hours and hours ....

(Installing update 78 out of 108 right now .... HAHAHA... I'm so OUT OF MY FREAKING MIND).

And what do I get with all that : all the bloody HP bloatwares. Loads of them. Everywhere. And it takes so much freacking time to "clean" the mess. And do you know what : it's still not clean : uninstalled programms are still harming W7.
It's been 5 weeks I'm buzy with that crap : Merry Xmas and a happy new year !

At the end of the day, my computer was simply meant to be garbage 5 years after I bought it.

That's the way it is. Don't waste hope or time about it, my fellow HP Customer.

HP just robbed us when we spent these few hundreds, that's all there is to say.

DO NOT BY HP. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@OachKatz3L

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the operating system.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! I have brought this to the attention of the concerned and they'll reach out to your through the Private Message.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.