2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

WINDOWS PRODUCT KEY MISSING

HP Recommended
HP 15-ay500 Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to activate my windows and it asks for product key which i have lost and tried everything to retrieve it but  nothing is working.I am very desperate to activate my windows. So, please kindly help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,354 122,531 20,146 30,899
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook came with W10 from HP, the product key is in the BIOS.

Run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below, and that should show you the Windows product key in the BIOS and the version of Windows the key is good for.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook came with W10 from HP, the product key is in the BIOS.

Run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below, and that should show you the Windows product key in the BIOS and the version of Windows the key is good for.

View solution in original post

Anki4
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Now i want to activate my windows and after typing the product key in change product key its saying that we can't activate windows with this product key.I request you to help me.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please post what the Showkey plus report results are.

I don't need the product key, just what everything else shows.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation