Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7-2180sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can somebody provide me with drivers for HP Webcam for this laptop model, please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Veetaly,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you want drivers for your HP Webcam on your PC running Windows 10. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

After reviewing your post, I did go through the Software and drivers page and found that there are only drivers available for Windows 7 & Windows 8 and unfortunately there is no drivers for Windows 10.

Workaround would be to install the drivers of Windows 8, which should be compatible with Windows 10.

Launch Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Imaging Devices >

Right-Click HP TrueVision HD (Webcam) > Uninstall > Delete

Download New Driver for your Webcam:

• Go to the top of the HP forum page to Support and Drivers
  • Enter your Computer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Scroll down
  • Look for category Software - Multimedia
  • Select the appropriate Cyberlink YouCam Software  download and install it. 

In case if you come across any issues. try to install the drivers using compatibility mode.

Download the  webcam drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. All the best!

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet_singh!

Thank you for your answer, but unfortunately I have not managed to solve the issue:

• I did not managed to find neither HP TrueVision HD nor HP Webcam device in the device manager and there's not "Unknow devices"

• Downloading Cyberlink YouCam also did not solved the issue as it is says that my webcam is not detected. (Programm recomend to turn it on, and after I had loocked up how to do it I found some information that drivers for this webcam should be re-installed because windows could not provide them)

• I do not know where I should download drivers

• I have already tried HP support assistance. This programm really did fixed some issues, BUT not the issue with my webcam.

P.S. I can provide you with screenshots if needed or acess to my laptop through Teamviewer or other prog if solution for this problemm is more than re-installing drivers

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.