Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb045wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was recently scrolling through the settings in my computer when I got to the specs and saw this message, "Pen and Touch Support with 40 Touch Points", and wondered how this would work without a touchscreen. If there is a way to use it how can I use it and what products are out there to buy? The device I have is a HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb045wm.

- Thanks, Kameron

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kovwiac Welcome to HP Community!

The windows you've got installed provides support for both non- touch and touch products, hence though you may be able to see the message/option on your device, it wouldn't work unless you have a touchscreen product, and multi-touch is technology that enables a surface (a trackpad or touchscreen) to recognize the presence of more than one point of contact with the surface.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So what products would work with this and how would I use them without a touchscreen because my screen on my laptop is not touch screen at all.

HP Recommended

@Kovwiac This is not for your product, you'll just have to ignore it as its readily available for all devices but works only on the devices that have touchscreen.

I hope I explained that well, let me know if i didn't and have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.