Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I notice that in the Update and Security in Windows Settings, there is an update that is waiting to be installed - it is called HP - HIDClass.  It says that I can install it now or if I don't it will be installed automatically.

What is this and do I want to install this or do I even have a choice since it says it will be installed automatically anyway if I don't click the INSTALL Now button?

Is this safe to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @shu-hi

Looking around the internet, it appears it is an update to the HP wireless button driver.

Now, if you don't want to install the update run the hide windows update utility from the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Hopefully it will find the HIDClass update.  If it does, you can check it to hide the update.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I get these from time to time but everytime i attempt to install them they fail.  Does not matter what system i get them on.  They always fail to install and eventually go away.

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

Hi, @shu-hi

Looking around the internet, it appears it is an update to the HP wireless button driver.

Now, if you don't want to install the update run the hide windows update utility from the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Hopefully it will find the HIDClass update.  If it does, you can check it to hide the update.

HP Recommended

to install hp-hidclass  disable all services except miscrsoft by useing cmd type mscconfig .

1-restart your pc after changing the configurations

2- now try to install hp-hidclass 

i did the same steps and succeed....

HP Recommended

I have tried this before and it still failed for me.  I have never had any success getting these to install from Windows update.  Best to know the devices and download them from HPs Site.

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

I downloaded the troubleshooter but it did not find the HIDClass update, what can I do now? 

I DO NOT want this update to occur as I believe it is the update that reinstalls a dysfunctioning feature to my HP Pavillion laptop. I have already paid for this problem to be fixed twice after automatic updates and I would really like to avoid a third time.

Thanks in advance!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.