Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-an000 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a new HP laptop for university and gaming, and I have just booted it up properly for the first time. I downloaded my usual apps, such as Spotify, Steam, Google Chrome etc. but also noticed a whole range of different HP programs.

I was just wondering which of these are safe to uninstall, and if so then which ones?

whatuninstall1.pngwhatuninstall2.png(I have attached 2 images of my programs list)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Zaephyr

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Understand that anything preinstalled by HP that you remove, you later, can not restore.

So basically, if this were my PC, I would remove the following:

Arma3
Avast free Antivirus
Bonjour
Doscord
Door Kickers
Dropbox
Energy Star
Gang Beasts
Garry's Mod
Keep Takling and Nobody explodes
McAfee LiveSafe
Minecraft
Omen Command Center
Prison Architect
RinWorld
ShellShock Live
Spotify
Steam
Total War: WARHAMMER II

As to the HP Apps, I would keep them as they take up very little space and may prove useful later on.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

[edit] you spent the entire time listing things he installed, games he intends to play, and then finally saying to keep HP files, which he was asking about in the first place. This is old but i can't just leave it alone. smh

HP Recommended

[edit]  Some people should just stay quiet. 

Thanks, WAWood, for providing your opinion.  I appreciate your take on whether to uninstall software such as Bonjour, and Energy Star, which are clearly not "games he intends to play".   However, I would still like to know what the purpose is for apps such as HP Client Security Manager, HP Connection Optimizer, HP Documentation, HP JumpStart Bridge, HP JumpStart Launch, HP Sure Click, etc., since I would prefer to remove anything I don't use. 

I suspect not-so-InfamousKnight will once again grace us with his worthy thoughts... even when they're not wanted.

HP Recommended

@SamTink 

Sorry, I don't use any of these and you would have to do a search on each of them because they have lengthy descriptions from HP on what they are and how to use them.  There is no central source of this information, or I would point you to it.

The specific  list you provide is a small set of HP utilities -- NONE of which I use -- all of which you can safely remove without damaging the OS.  

But, you might want to read up on HP Connection Optimizer to see if it is of any use to you before you remove it.

IF you're nervous about removing these, then follow my earlier advice about making an Image Backup -- so you can do a restore if anything seriously goes wrong.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

LOL when white knighting fails HARD. 

I never said they were all games..  I wasn't going to sit there and make  paragraph because it was just funny.  Literally 2 things are HP on that reply.[edit]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.