Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6500
Microsoft Windows Vista

I need help please to download the bios for my HP pavilion dv6500. I have gone to the download site:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/products/identify/noresults?q=CNF74567Q4&origin=pdp

I have navigated to the download site with the actual laptop. I have entered my serial number and after 20 minutes all I could see was please wait. 

I have also used another PC to enter the information and the website detects the OS of the other PC and doesn't allow me to enter Vista and so cannot search.

I have tried to install HP support assistant but it won't install on Vista. 

Is there an easier way to find the bios?

Your advice would be appreciated

Kind regards

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Chris.

Here are the BIOS info and exe links for the last BIOS update HP released for the dv6500 notebooks with the Intel processors...

Info:  F.5A

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48024.html

Exe:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48024.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Chris:

HP retires support for consumer class PC's that are 10 or more years old.

What processor does your dv6500 have...AMD or Intel.

Once you let me know that info, I will find the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook from the HP driver FTP site.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. The sticker on the front says Intel Centrino core duo. 

Kind regards

Chris

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Chris.

Here are the BIOS info and exe links for the last BIOS update HP released for the dv6500 notebooks with the Intel processors...

Info:  F.5A

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48024.html

Exe:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48024.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help. I have installed the bios update and the laptop runs fine.

Kind regards

Chris 

HP Recommended

Anytime, Chris.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Best regards,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.