Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-ep0098nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, after doing a reinstall on my computer and downloading software (and then there being a bug of crashing when going to sleep; and then reinstalling windows 10 again...) Where are you supposed to "easily" get HP Command Center?

And no, its not from the driver software page for the Laptop in question. That has an "HP OMEN Command Center SDK" pack that actually has a hyperX lighting driver which installs and then fails to actually run as a service - making you have to create a system restore point, install the package, copy the package to a thumb drive, system restore to prior to, edit out the hyperx service install, and rerun the package to get whatever benefits can be accrued (none. i dont think there are any - in fact i think my computer was running worse).

there seems to be this cat and mouse game of finding the right drivers for anything. I'm probably to the point of returning the laptop but... ok off of topic anyways

You can get the HP Command Center Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-command-center/9p92n00qv14j?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

BUT, if you were to manually search for it while in the microsoft store, you wont find it. WHY? I don't know. I'm beyond the point of assuming there's any logic to how things are run with these laptops. 

Where is the RIGHT place/way to get it? is it buggy and hidden away? I asked tech support for the answer and they wanted me to SEND MY LAPTOP IN BECAUSE THERE WAS "SOMETHING WRONG" with the fans. wow. I had to tell them where i found HPCC.  would be nice to have a solid answer on this, but until then i guess backdooring an app from the windows store that isnt publicly searchable is the only way to go.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP Omen Command Center software has been superseded by the HP Gaming Hub app, which you can get from the Microsoft store.

Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store

If you want the outdated Omen Command Center software, you can get it from the link below...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84071.exe

HP Recommended

That would be good and I appreciate the response, but i have an HP Envy. I assume that the Omen gaming hub isn't going to provide me with the fan/performance tweaks the command center did. For example, my 3dmark score had a difference of 500-700 points just by using performance mode on Fire Strike. Why? No idea. 

I cannot see any similar options for gaming hub; i would assume they are locked out ( along with undervolting) because its not an omen laptop and doesnt have the right cpu to do that anyways. I mean if they are there please help me unlock them. registry setting? something else?

Which also is the reason i think that link you provided to the older version also didnt work. 

Having an issue with the Command Center on the microsoft store though, it says im missing the driver this time around ... not sure which package i installed last time fixed this.. im hoping its not that stupid hyperX thing - again, i have an HP Envy  but that was in the command center sdk - and i removed it. 

HP Recommended

ok fun fact. the link you provided me had the intel xtu sdk in it, which installed a service that the HP Command Center was relying on to run. 

I've been making system restores the entire way on this issue, so now all i had to do was download the actual intel xtu app (which wont be too useful) and then the HP CC from the microsoft store. Tadah! 

I'm learning to NOT trust anything in those softpacks(paqs?). Last windows 10 install, i went ahead and installed all the ones for this laptop... and everytime it went to sleep it crashed. also PHYMEM (service for HyperX which i dont have) kept failing to run as it wasn't signed.

Anyways, back to my original question... Does the Omen Gaming Hub offer adjustments to cooling and what i think is maybe turbo duration or .... something.. like the HP CC does? If so i'd rather have new than old!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know the answers to your questions.

I agree that I made a mistake and gave you the link to software that is not for your PC.

However, here is the list of notebooks supported by the HP Command Center, and I don't see your notebook's 15-ep model series on the list.

HP ENVY, Spectre Notebook PCs - HP Command Center (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.