Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

try shift + f10. 

100% it works. I tried in my HP 15 computer.

Best of Luck 

HP Recommended

All answers do not work on my brand new Elitebook 840 G5

Use the Norton Commander clone Total Commander and to select files I need the INS key. (by pressing multiple times it selects one file below and so on).

Where is this key located or how do I activate it?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Same here... It's really a shame to have three useless keys on the keyboard ("share/present", "call answer" and "call end") while some *really* important ones are missing. INS is one of them. Given the price of this laptop, this really su**s.

Personally, I absolutely do not understand HP's decision in this regard. I'm convinced that the number of people who are using the INS key and expect a high-end business laptop to have one is much greater than the number of those who want valueable space on the keyboard to be wasted for "call answer" or "call end".

That said, does anyone have a clue how to emulate the INS key? I'm using it on a daily basis in TotalCommander and other tools and really do need it.

Edit: Apparently, Fn+E does the trick. At least in TotalCommander, one can (un-)select entries from the dir lists with this shortcut. In addition to this, also "Shift+INS"  as alternative to Ctrl+V works with Shift+Fn+E. One has to be careful though not to hit Fn first as this in combination with Shift toggles Fn lock 🙂

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the shortcut does not work in Microsoft Word. Apparently, there is no alternative to the Paste button that works in general.

HP Recommended

shift + fn + e  is not wokring when you use Citrix or other remote desktop tools.

HP 840 G5 = toy for children and not a machine for developers 

HP Recommended

HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2

-fn + M- worked for me, hope it helps someone else!

Armando H.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.