Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I think that the problem is that when you uninstall HP Diagnostics it leaves lots of tasks in Task Scheduler.

One of these tasks calls hpdiags, which is not there anymore because you uninstalled the HP software, hence the popup.

I went into the Task Scheduler and deleted everything in the HP folder(s). That fixed it.

HP Recommended

I have this same problem PLEASE provide a proper solution

HP Recommended

I had the same problem, but managed to fix it.

The problem is with the HP software.  It doesn't uninstall cleanly, it leaves scheduled tasks in the scheduler.  HP need to fix it.

The solution is:

1. Click on your Windows Start Button.

2. Start typing "Task Scheduler" and click on the "Task Scheduler" app that it finds.

3. In the "Task Scheduler" app, go through the folder lists on the left.

4. If you click on the "HP" folders, it will show the scheduled tasks in the upper-middle panel.

5. You can select which tasks (or folders) you wish to delete and choose the "Delete" or "Delete Folder" on the right panel.

These scheduled tasks are attempting to run on start-up and run software that has been uninstalled.  By removing the ones you no longer need, you'll stop getting the messages.  From what I remember, the troublesome HP Dialog one attempts to run every Monday morning.

HP Recommended

That is too much to do. Who's got the time ?

HP Recommended

Do your team of engineers charge for the help ?

HP Recommended

I'm going to try this. If it works, Echo Lake needs to find a new line of work.

HP Recommended

I don't even have an HP computer! I am receiving this message on my Dell XPS 13.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.