Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Presario CQ50
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

After the recent free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro, My Laptop has been heating up, the fan working tirelessly. It's so hot that if nothing is done quickly it be disatrous.

From the device manager, the coprocessor is missing. Automatic update could not find the driver and fix. 

Running "msinfo32", and going to components, problem devices, the coprocessor is highlighted. The PNP device ID is given as PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0753&SUBSYS_360A103C&REV_A2\3&2411E6FE&1&OB; error code is given as: "The drivers for this device are not installed."

Could anyone help me with the driver for this please. Thanks in advance for your time and effort on this post.

ADIKA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It seems I've resolved it. I followed the steps I saw on this site: 

https://matthill.eu/tutorials/nvidia-ion-coprocessor-driver-windows-8-10/

Afterwards, the error on device manager was gone, going to system information, it is no longer shown in the "problem device" category.

The installed driver is called NVIDIA nforce System Management Controller.

I will now watch and see if the heating would stop. 

Thanks all for taking time to look at my question and trying to fix it too.

ADIKA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.