Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. However, my laptop downloading the Hp cloud recovery tool has a pop-up message asking “Recovery USB flash drive is ready. Do you want to remove the downloaded temp files to save disk space now? Should I press ‘ok’ or ‘cancel’. 

HP Recommended

Yes.

Press OK to delete the temporary files.

HP Recommended

An error has occured. It states “Application Close. [Info] No HDD.” Is my HDD broken and need to be repaired or have I done something wrong.

HP Recommended

That doesn't sound good to me, and it kind of brings us back to your original issue...Windows can't find the drive.

What I recommend you do is to turn on the PC, press/tap the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen and run the hard drive diagnostics test (F2), and see what it reports.

HP Recommended

It reports No hard drive installed. Please check that the power and data cables are connected properly. This is the hard drive check (Quick Check)

HP Recommended

OK, so that was your original issue as to why Windows couldn't find the drive.

The M.2 SSD drive is probably so dead that it doesn't show up anywhere, but it could also be the motherboard.

The drive goes into a slot, so there are no cables to check.

I am not a PC repair tech by trade or training, so you are going to have to take the notebook apart and troubleshoot.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion x360 14m Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intende...

I recommend that you replace the SSD first.  You may want to opt for a larger capacity one, such as a 250 or 500 GB size.

90% chance it is a dead drive.  10% chance it is the motherboard.

Your notebook uses a SATA M.2 drive, not a NVMe one.  The SATA drives have two notches cut into the contacts.

Amazon.com: Western Digital 250GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280, Up to...

NVMe drives only have one.

HP Recommended

Ah, I am assuming the hard drive may be dead. Forgot to mention the most important detail that this problem occured when I was cleaning my laptop and spilled water into the speaker holes and keypad on my laptop. It seems the water has damaged the hardware. Thank you for your time, I will bring this laptop a repair shop and hope to have it fixed.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully, the spill only shorted out the drive.

It is gonna cost a lot of money if the water fried the motherboard.

Probably not worth fixing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.