Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-dr0012dx
Microsoft Windows 11

Now that I upgraded to windows 11 I have no camera, or webcam, to be able to use Zoom, etc.  Anyone else experience this and/or have a solution?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Terri_Raab

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

This seems like webcam driver is missing after a recent update. Even an antivirus program might be blocking the camera, privacy settings don't allow camera access for some apps, or there's a problem with the app you want to use.

Firstly, let's test the Camera app
Select Start then choose Camera, select Yes to allow access to the Camera. If the camera works in the Camera app, the issue might be with the app you're trying to use. If the issue persists, follow next steps.

Next update the latest driver using Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and installIf the issue persists, follow next steps

Webcam Driver Rollback:

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.
  • Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
  • After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.

If the issue persists, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I upgraded to Windows 11.  I believe the camera was operating properly even after the initial upgrade; however, it is not working now.  I discovered this when Windows Hello stopped working.   There is no camera listed in Device Manager.  I have had other issues since upgrading or maybe a Win11 update.  Very frustrating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.