Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The hardware IDs for my HP TrueVision FHD RGB-IR camera are:

USB\VID_064E&PID_3401&REV_0011&MI_00

USB\VID_064E&PID_3401&MI_00

HP Recommended

Paintball

Thank you, I appreciate the info.

HP Recommended

I spoke too soon!

Windows Hello will work if you reboot - but if you logout or lock the computer it will report that it is disabled by the administrator.

So there is definitely something weird going on.

It would be good to get a resolution to the issue.

HP Recommended

OK, but it does still work again if you reboot.

Odd but it could be a different issue, although thats just my guess.

Thanks for the update.

HP Recommended

Apologise for not coming back sooner but I have discovered that Microsoft has changed the way they handle Windows Hello for Business on domain joined laptops and computers. As such, if you do not have Azure Active Directory or a Windows Server 2016 then it is unable to use Windows Hello for Business as a two factor authentication. 

You can however revert it back to pure Windows Hello (once you domain join, you are automatically in Windows Hello for Business). In group policy go to Computer Configureation > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Hello for Business > Use certificate for on-premises authentication and enable this policy. This will allow the certificate to be hosted locally instead of needing authentication via Server or Azure AD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.