Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EnvyX360,
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently updated to Windows Creator.  Ever since the Windows Hello function doesn't work.  I've tried updating, installing and uninstalling the drivers, setting up Hello etc and nothing has worked.  I've looked over the forum and couldn't see any other advice.  Please help!

The laptop is an EnvyX360, the AMD A12 version with 8GB of ram.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

After Windows creators update, you need to also update you webcam driver as well. Pls go to HP driver support page and download the latest driver.  You can find the webcam driver in "driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input devices" Category.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-m6-ar000-x360-convertible-pc/10862133/model...

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'** Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

ET1111. I work for HP; I'm here to help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Ewan1,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that Windows Hello function doesn't work after Windows Creator update on your HP ENVY x360.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

And here are a few steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Hello drivers from Device Manager:

1. Go to Search, type device manager, and open Device Manager
  2. Find your Windows Hello driver, right-click on it, and select Remove driver software…
  3. Restart your computer
  4. One the next startup, Windows 10 should automatically detect Windows Hello, and install the latest driver for it
  5. Once Windows 10 installs the driver again, try running Windows Hello to see if the issue is resolved

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi,

After Windows creators update, you need to also update you webcam driver as well. Pls go to HP driver support page and download the latest driver.  You can find the webcam driver in "driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input devices" Category.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-m6-ar000-x360-convertible-pc/10862133/model...

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'** Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

ET1111. I work for HP; I'm here to help
HP Recommended

Hello @Ewan1

IF updating your driver (which currently is from March 2016) does not work, then you will have to wait for the fix, unless you can revert back to the Anniversary Update.

HP is working to find a solution to the Creators update breaking Windows Hello and the HP TrueVision IR webcam.

I will contact you with more info soon.

HP Recommended

Since updating your webcam driver worked, would you mind telling me what the full model number of your system is please?

That driver given above is not for the Infra Red camera which is required for Windows Hello to work with Face Recognition.

If you are using the Webcam for Facial recongition, I find this fix hard to believe.

HP Recommended

Hi, its an AR052-SA.  It definitely stopped working after the Creator update and started working again once the driver was updated. 

Thanks everyone for your help,

Ewan

HP Recommended

Sorry,  AR052-SA is not a valid product or model number.

HP Recommended

Hi all!

I've been having the same problems with my HP envy since the creators update a few days ago, and I just managed to fix the problem using a method very similar to this:

1 - Search in the start bar for 'Device Manager'

2 -  Under 'Imaging Devices' right click on any software relating to your camera, this is where I found the IR camera software, and select 'Update driver'. I also found the regular camera driver under 'Camera Devices' and did this process for that one too.

3 - Allow your computer to search online for updates and install what you find.

4 - Let your computer restart, and the problem should be solved.

HP Recommended

camera cannot turn on despite driver  updates and rollback

HP Recommended

worked after updating proper driver under images.  thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.