Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy x360 15-cn0001
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI everyone, is there a way to use the windows precision drivers as of april 2019 on hp devices?

I just bought an envy x360, and i'm loving it, but coming from a windows precision driver touchpad, i barely can stand the synaptics drivers on this otherwise great feeling touchpad, it's just unresponsive and i can't understand how people can put up with that on a 900+€ machine. I've been looking of forums and threads all over the internet but i can't find a solution that works for me, so i was wondering if there was some update on the availability of precision drivers for hp, or even a hack which could make them work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Silverioo,

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. I've also installed Precision Drivers on my Spectre x360. 

What solutions have you tried? The most common solution is to install Precision Drivers available from Lenovo. I can't quite remember exactly which Reddit thread I got it from but it was a pretty popular post. My suggestion is to create a restore point before installing the driver.

A lot of the Spectre x360 reviews from the press all seem to have the commonality in that they criticize the Synaptics trackpad but HP seems to be quite persistent despite their willingness to include it on the business lineup.

- Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Silverioo,

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. I've also installed Precision Drivers on my Spectre x360. 

What solutions have you tried? The most common solution is to install Precision Drivers available from Lenovo. I can't quite remember exactly which Reddit thread I got it from but it was a pretty popular post. My suggestion is to create a restore point before installing the driver.

A lot of the Spectre x360 reviews from the press all seem to have the commonality in that they criticize the Synaptics trackpad but HP seems to be quite persistent despite their willingness to include it on the business lineup.

- Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.