Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8570p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

A few days ago, my school gave me my pc as a gift because I had great grade in the exams. But now I want to activate the windows but i can't cause the  product key is not on the pc, how can you help me please?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

Some of those models came with Windows 8 and the W8 product key is in the BIOS.

Run this free utility that I zipped up and attached below to see if there is a W8 Professional product key in the BIOS.

If there isn't, no one here can help you, and you will have to call HP technical support in your country and have them send you a W7 Pro recovery kit.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If there is a W8 Pro product key in the BIOS, you would have to install W8.1 and use the W8 product key to activate the installation, which I can give you the steps to do.

HP Recommended
I found the Key but now its say Error code 0xc004e003, can you help me?
HP Recommended

We wouldn't be able to help with that.

You will have to contact Microsoft and see if they can help you.

https://appuals.com/fix-windows-7-activation-error-code-0xc004e003/

HP Recommended

I found out that the windows I am using is not the one hp intalled on it( its not the factory windows) cause I am using a Win 7 ultimate and on the laptop battery part it is written that the factory windows was win 7 pro. I am going to do a system recovery to go back to win 7 pro, the win 7 pro product key is written on the battery side, can I use this product key after the recovery to activate it?

HP Recommended

Yes, if you install W7 Pro you can activate the installation using the W7 pro product key on the PC's case.

If you use a W7 Pro retail ISO file, you may have to use the automated windows phone activation method to activate the installation, which you will be guided to do automatically.

HP Recommended

my plan is not to use ISO file, I will do the system recovery to go back to Win 7pro

HP Recommended

I hope it works, because normally when you clean install another operating system, you wipe out the ability to use the system recovery operation.

HP Recommended

you maybe dont understaand my plan, I am going to do a system recoovery to go back to factory windows taht was Win 7 pro. It is what I told you that I am going to do, and you said the manufacturer poduct key will work.

HP Recommended

I completely understand your plan.

You stated that you installed W7 Ultimate on there, and you don't seem to understand that when you do that, it usually prevents the internal factory reset program from working.

If it works, great!

You won't even need the product key if the factory reset program works and you go back to W7 Pro.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.