Level 1
9 5 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update problem

Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My PC is a HP Probook6570b. It has window 10 (I do not know if it is 32 or 64 bit).

I connot get the PC to update from windows 10 1803 to 1809. It has downloaded this latest version amny times and I have rstarted for installation, but the process just repeats itself.

Microsoft has suggested, that maybe the PC is to old for the new windows version.

Is this true or what should I do to update.

Best regards

PeterIvan

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
9,100 8,995 735 3,308
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update problem

Hello @PeterIvan 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.

This PC is a great machine (outside and specs) and I have been using it for 4 years, I stopped using it 2 years ago.

It has been designed with Windows 7 in mind but also works well with Windows 8 and some Windows 10.

Unfortunately, it is no longer supported by HP for use of Windows 10 latest builds

Based on the official article here >> https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c05195282

the model does not officially support anything newer than build 1703.

You can consider sticking to :

• Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC/LTSB edition 2016
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows 7
  • or
  • some Linux based distro

Hope this helps.

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
0 Kudos
PeterIvan
Level 1
9 5 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update problem

Thank you for your kind answer. I must accept, that my PC is old! at an age of 5 years although I myself being 70 feels absolutely young. Well I better get a new PC then. Thank you again for attending to my problem.

Best regars Peter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation