Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G5 Mobile Workstation IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ZBook 15 G5 just updated to BIOS v01.19.00 and now my iCloud is broken. After this BIOS update and reboot, I got the log-in screen for iCloud. When entering my Apple ID password I now get this error message:

Cannot sign in to iCloud because there is a problem verifying the identity of this Mac. Try restarting your Mac and signing in again.

Well, first of all, this is not a Mac. It's a Windows 10 laptop. I can successfully access my Apple account via iTunes on this PC and my Apple ID is "authorized" according to iTunes. So here's what I've tried so far with no success ...

• Restart the PC and try to log in again. 
  • Add/Remove Programs - iCloud - Repair.
  • Add/Remove Programs - iCloud - Remove. Reinstall iCloud from Microsoft Store.

Has anyone else had this issue with iCloud? I rely on iCloud to integrate my Outlook calendar with my phone and tablet. I'm not sure what else to try, so any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Seems it was an Apple/Microsoft issue all along. It was fixed late yesterday and iCloud is now working again. Now to recreate my Outlook integration. Crazy!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Guess I'm not alone! A long thread started on Apple's Support Community yesterday. Seems to be a widespread issue. No fix yet, either. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253632736?page=1

HP Recommended

Seems it was an Apple/Microsoft issue all along. It was fixed late yesterday and iCloud is now working again. Now to recreate my Outlook integration. Crazy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.