AM8527
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Zoom High CPU Usage on Chromebook

HP Recommended
Chromebook
Chrome OS

I bought this Chromebook less than a year ago to use for Zoom.  When using Zoom (extension or app) with nothing else open, I get the message that there is high cpu usage affecting meeting quality.  My audio is distorted so much that the zoom participants cannot understand what I'm saying.  The video freezes at times.  It completely crashes at other times.  It does not matter if it is me and a couple of other participants or me and a lot of other people.

I have been trying to get assistance on this for months.  I have been searching for definitive solutions or settings to change but I have not found anything that works.

Please, any help would really be appreciated.  I'd rather not have to buy another notebook or laptop.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,786 32,908 3,069 7,571
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AM8527 

Using Zoom for an online meeting is essentially the same as streaming High Def video -- and that places serious demand on the laptop processor.

Here is an article about things you can do to reduce that demand:  https://it.cornell.edu/zoom-zoomforcourses/reducing-zoom-data-and-bandwidth-use

Hope this helps.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation