9 4 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

auto hibernate after windows 10 august update

HP Recommended
hp pavilion notebook M1Y29UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since the last Windows10 update in August, the automatic hibernate function no longer works, When you look for a settings window for hibernation, there doesn't seem to be any. How can I get the automatic hibernate function to work again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
monman
Author
Level 2
9 4 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, the auto hibernate function has started working on my laptop. I'm not sure if or what I did to fix the problem. I was unable to locate any settings window for hibernation, but after trying several online suggestions, it now works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,814 32,714 2,976 7,308
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@monman 

Good question! 

I just checked my own laptop and under power settings, shutdown settings, Hibernate is no longer listed. All is now has is Sleep and Lock.

So, I think MS got rid of this!

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
monman
Author
Level 2
9 4 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your feedback!  I still can get the laptop to go into hibernate mode from the "START" menu, by manually selecting it.  However before the latest Windows update, the laptop would automatically go into hibernate mode after several hours.  This was a nice feature for overnight inactivity.

0 Kudos
monman
Author
Level 2
9 4 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, the auto hibernate function has started working on my laptop. I'm not sure if or what I did to fix the problem. I was unable to locate any settings window for hibernation, but after trying several online suggestions, it now works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation