Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp zbook firefly 14g7 i7-10501u
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

does my laptop has a backlit keyboard? how to turn it on?

I couldn't find any light label on the keyboard .

could you please guide me to enable it (if my laptop has a backlit !!!)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bh14500189 

The backlit keyboard is an Option on select models.

Your model might not have this feature.

Reference

HP ZBook Firefly 14 G7 Mobile Workstation Specifications

Keyboard/pointing device

Feature
Description
HP Premium keyboard
Spill resistant and full-size
DuraKeys
Clickpad with image sensor and glass surface, multitouch gestures and taps enabled
Optional backlit keyboard
Pointing device
Dual pointstick
Glass clickpad with multi-touch gestures enabled (taps enabled as default) and image sensor
Microsoft Precision Touchpad default gestures supported

If the keyboard is backlit, the control is the F9 key 

DragonFur_0-1641335322967.png

Maintenance and Service Guide

Page 14

Not sure?

If you provide your Product Number, we can double-check the results for you.

How to find:

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Reminder:  Do Not post the serial number or any private information in the Community – we are a public resource.

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ZBook Firefly 14 G7 Mobile Workstation 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

my product number is 8VK83AV

HP Recommended

@bh14500189 

I found reference to this model - 8VK83AV is marked as the model Series and not as the individual product for a particular computer.  There are more than ten models in the series - I checked each one - No backlit keyboard.

What else?

I did not find "Hp Zbook Firefly 14g7 I7-10501u" listed in the database - I did find several very similar models.   The missing entry means little - obviously the computer exists and I find reference to it at stores in your general region.

These models in this group are all listed as "Base" models.  None of these include the features found in the premium versions of the ZBook Firefly 14.  This means no backlit keyboard.

Sometimes we do not get to provide the answer that is wanted. 🙁

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.