Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

battery cycle count

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-du2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, I need help to understand why my battery cycle count drastically increases, last time I checked it was 0 and just now its showing 22, Is it true that if it reaches the maximum cycle battery will lose its performance or maximum capacity? if thats true, how can I prevent or what are the best practices to avoid the battery from cycling while im using it? 

thank you in advance for the answers. 

3 REPLIES 3
SAM11112
Level 5
274 274 20 18
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
prInce0712
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi, 

I keep my laptop always plugged in whenever I use it, and its always showing fully charged before e I turn it off. However every time that I would turn it back on it is always showing not on a full charged, it only shows 94 to 96 percent sometimes. 

is that normal for an HP laptop? I calibrated my laptop but its showing desame issue.  thank you in advance for the answers. 

SAM11112
Level 5
274 274 20 18
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not sure if this situation is due to the long battery usage time, which has caused the battery consumption and the power consumption is serious when starting up?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation