Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14s-cr2xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

my laptop is around 18.5 months old. its recently, over the last few months started acting up, the battery just dies  by itself after reaching around 35%

this was not a problem earlier as i used to get a notification alerting me of low battery 

but now the message shows up for a split second and then the laptop dies 

on plugging it in, i get a message that says that i need some BIOS thing? (sorry, i haven't read the message properly) and im not sure how to go about that

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Yisshaguntaken .
If the main (internal) battery (601) appears in the alert message, it means that the measured storage capacity of the main (internal) battery is less than 25% of the original storage capacity. The number "601" indicates the related error code that is recorded in the system log.
All rechargeable batteries gradually lose their storage capacity. This loss of energy storage capacity (due to aging) is irreversible and cannot be restored. The maximum storage capacity of a new battery may be very different from the maximum storage capacity of a battery after one year of use.

In this case it is necessary to replace the battery.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.