Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dv7-6100sb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,

The only thing I need to do is to update the insyde bios to an uefi, as I am already a win 10 insider.

I'm not sure if it's an uefi or not, but I'm not sure if it's a uefi, and I'm not sure if it's a uefi or not.

I don't know what I'm going to buy as a laptop either, the 2 certain elements are the processor and the memory capacity which I'm going to increase. the rest ???

I would like to have a more recent "bios" if possible.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Board: Hewlett-Packard 3593 33.18
Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
UEFI: Hewlett-Packard F.21 09/13/201

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

BIOS version F.21 was the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook.

If your notebook's has a UEFI BIOS, there will be two options in the F9 boot menu.

There will be an EFI boot sources menu and a Legacy boot sources menu.

If there is only one boot options menu, then your notebook does not have a UEFI BIOS.

HP Recommended

However, would there not be a compatible one since there are more recent insyde "bios".

The last patch was supposed to put the UEFI on my computer. I have to see that this was not really the case.

HP Recommended

I know for a fact that the f21 released is the last one for my pc, but why wouldn't there be newer uefi bios that would be suitable for my pc besides what hp says since they don't make much effort, it seems to me, to keep up with the hardware.

The motherboard specs were given and based on that would there be anything else compatible?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.