WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,786 32,908 3,069 7,570
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alan115 

Any liquid getting inside the laptop is running the risk of shorting it out and turning it into an electric brick.  Is it worth that just to clean it?  So, do not POUR  or SPRAY anything on it, even a little bit.

About all you can do is dampen a cloth, so that is is barely wet, and lightly wipe that cloth across the keys, taking care to not get any of the liquid between the keys or on the base of the unit. 

Even this is risky, and if it were mine, I would not do it.

It's your PC, it's your call -- but be aware that if you damage it by getting it wet, that is considered Accidental Damage and is not covered by the HP warranty.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,786 32,908 3,069 7,570
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alan115 

Any liquid getting inside the laptop is running the risk of shorting it out and turning it into an electric brick.  Is it worth that just to clean it?  So, do not POUR  or SPRAY anything on it, even a little bit.

About all you can do is dampen a cloth, so that is is barely wet, and lightly wipe that cloth across the keys, taking care to not get any of the liquid between the keys or on the base of the unit. 

Even this is risky, and if it were mine, I would not do it.

It's your PC, it's your call -- but be aware that if you damage it by getting it wet, that is considered Accidental Damage and is not covered by the HP warranty.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation