Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-10-2022 11:36 AM - last edited on 11-10-2022 12:01 PM by Ric_ob
I bought a new HP computer last week and had Best Buy transfer all my data. It was up and running for 6 days and then yesterday morning I was unable to send or receive emails. I don't know what to do.
11-10-2022 12:02 PM
Email is controlled in and by
- Your email provider,
- The method you are using to connect to your email provider (email program, website)
- Your version of Windows (the exact version of Windows is generally not a concern and most email providers support all new versions of Windows)
- The permissions you have set in your email settings
- The method you are using to connect your computer to the network and the network to the Internet
- Whether your Windows Updates are current and installed (not pending, not stuck, not broken)
What to do?
Restart everything, including the router that controls your network.
Check that other network related tasks work -- for example, visiting and opening websites.
If you are running an email software ,
If you cannot find the information you need online or in the program help files,
Contact the provider of the software.
For Outlook, Contact Microsoft and ask for help
For Thunderbird, Contact Mozilla (Firefox) and ask for help
If you are running your email through your web browser,
Contact your email provider
If you use Google mail , get help from Google.
If you use Yahoo mail, get help from Yahoo.
If you are having trouble with your email address, contact the provider for that email.
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community