Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
GP70N DVDRW / Envy 15-as103na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Also when I tried to add DVDRW to HP My Devices it came up as a barcode reader

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I looked up this GP70N DVDRW to see what to expect and it appears to be just an external USB DVD drive.  Please explain the process you did for  "when I tried to add DVDRW to HP My Devices"

Have you tried to run anything from the CD that came with the drive?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for replying.

I have tried to install software again this am and failed.

• Plug into powered usb
  • settings
  • devices
  • connected devices
  • HP External USB optical drive icon appears
  • Open DVDRW insert disc
  • chose what to do with disc
  • run user guide
  • english
  • cyber link media suite
  • open auto run
  • cyber link allow changes?
  • Yes
  • Media Suite
  • Install power director
  • 1628 failed to complete install
  • Install power DVD
  • 1628 failed to complete install
  • Gave up
HP Recommended

In the research for that error, it seems to blame a fault with the Windows installer.  HERE IS A YOUTUBE video that shows a workaround.  While most are experiencing the error with a game install, the fix should be the same.

Here is the Cyberlink MediaSuite Software, if you wish to try the software from a download.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob-139639-1#tab1

Or try this one  sp63340.exe

Here is a link to a free version

https://sharewareonsale.com/s/cyberlink-photodirector-4-sale

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

usb drive can read, just can't record without software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.