Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
g6-2235tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi

i know these arent necessarily hp issues, but im all googled out and if somebody could spare a few minutes.

i unsuccesfully changed admin accounts and have lost my older settings. now im in the middle of changing admin accounts, but am unable to proceed at the moment, and it seems fruitless changing settings in the betwixt time.

first, when shutting my computer down 'web broadcast event window' comes up as still running. (i dont know if its the only thing slowing my computer down.)

i recently had to redo my computer (settings?) after reverting from win10 and think this was one that i fixed then. this time when googling ive come across posts that say just disable ccc completly (last time i just did the compatabilty thing) i dont play games and it seems from google, that what its aimed at.  (ive opened ccc ages ago looked at it and never used it) is it safe to, or worth disabling it altogether? (i have already done the compatability setting and that seems to have already improved my speed/stalling problems.)

ive got other queries but i think i might split them up

if its improper to annoy this forum with other companies problems, please just let me know and ill go back to googling.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @oopsys,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I will do my best to assist you. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion g6-2235tx Notebook and having slow speeds. Thank you for all the information about what is happening and what you have done thus far. Something is slowing the Notebook down.

Did you install some virus protection or a firewall? If you disable this are your speeds better?

Here is a document on improving your system.

If these things do not help I would consider a Refresh of Windows 8.  Remember to back up movies music and documents just in case. Smiley Wink

The reset will install original driver and sometimes resolve the issue of slow speeds or lagging.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!  Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

following on from my last post

Windows Experience Index

the first thing to return on the google search for 'do multiple user accounts slow down windows 8.1 computer' was a link to windows site 'Optimize Windows for better performance'. it, like all the other links dont mention user accounts at all, but it does lead me to wonder.

long ago on the advice of a friendly button pusher neighbour, i stopped using windows defrag cleanup etc and started using third party programs. several of these posts in response to my search claim its all a scam and none of them work.

never ask a baker if bread is good for you.

does anbody here have a story on this, or a link to a site that doesnt want to sell me the one program that does really work. my googling attempts leave me only more befuddled.

i think they work but i was going to try and put it to some sort of test. the 'optimize windows' post mentions the 'Windows Experience Index', following the how tos on windows own site fails to find it. just searching my computer for windows experience index, returns nothing, i can rememeber using it, but now i cant find it. is there a button i can push or a link in a folder somewhere?

again, please help

thanks

please dont send me to windows help, i was there today on chat regarding a different but related matter and he insists nobody can do anything about anything. i posted the similar question on the community and as of about five minutes before starting to type my first post here tonight it was eight hours, one view, no reply.

HP Recommended

Hi @oopsys,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

I will do my best to assist you. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion g6-2235tx Notebook and having slow speeds. Thank you for all the information about what is happening and what you have done thus far. Something is slowing the Notebook down.

Did you install some virus protection or a firewall? If you disable this are your speeds better?

Here is a document on improving your system.

If these things do not help I would consider a Refresh of Windows 8.  Remember to back up movies music and documents just in case. Smiley Wink

The reset will install original driver and sometimes resolve the issue of slow speeds or lagging.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!  Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hi mrstenter,

thanks for cleaning up my posts, and for the link supplied.

after cleanups and defrags etc, its getting better. boot time is back under two minutes. the hp and spinning circle before the lock screen still takes its sweet time, but thats ok

the slow computer seemed to be something to do with amdccc, now that its disabled, no more freezing.

im still not confident to play with 'virtual memory allocation' and 'process cores' but i ticked off on the rest of them.

thanks for you time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.