Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

juanp78_0-1628919245130.png

after installing drivers for touchpad how do I connect it to computer? I do not see it in settings...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@juanp78 

You forced the installation of drivers for an External Touchpad.  The internal one already had the drivers installed -- and is already connected.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

juanp78_0-1628987773107.png

I unistalled the touchpad and deleted all its files so I res installed it but I do not see it on the menu and can't use it...how do I fix this to enable the touchpad?

HP Recommended

@juanp78 

OK, understand .. but what you did should have worked.  You may be stuck now as you should not have uninstalled it -- since the driver base was probably involved in the chipset drivers which are not provided separately.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

the elan touchpad had issues after about 3 years of buying the laptop...it was on and off and the clicker did not work properly...I mean all types of problems and that is why I had to buy a mouse...I chose to uninstall it and delete it to install another software for the touchpad but it did not solve the problem...now I have a touchpad I can't use...do you think system restore can solve the problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.