Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disable s mode

hp laptop15- dy1
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Please help. just purchased a new hp laptop that has win 10 in s mode. I have to disable s mode to install an application for work that is not on the ms store. I have tried to install or 'get' the switch out of s mode app, but nothing happens when I click 'get'. 

I've had ms technical support spend over 4 hours online with me and they cannot solve and suggest its a HP issue.

I've reset the ms store, logged in and out of the store, reinstalled windows (3times), setup a new admin account, checked to make sure the account used in ms store has the device linked (it does). 

I'm just about out of options and patience - can anyone help solve? Else I have no option but to return the laptop and purchase something that comes with no s mode installed.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 11
6,113 6,089 257 557
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disable s mode

Hi

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4020089/windows-10-in-s-mode-faq

https://www.howtogeek.com/354057/what-is-windows-10-in-s-mode/

The nub of which is...

How to Leave S Mode

To leave S Mode, open the Store app on your PC and search for “Switch out of S Mode.” The Store will guide you through taking your PC out of S Mode.

A Nod Is As Good As a Wink...
Lil_Boy_Blue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disable s mode

Hi

No matter how many times I try to switch out of S mode I get this error message. I have a new laptop and it's going to get thrown out of the window. 😞 

Please can anyone helllppppp!!!!

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disable s mode

Getting same message, Microsoft support so far hasn't a answer other then admitting there is a issue

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation